ALVA is proud to offer ENERGY STAR qualified wall sconces that meet the stringent requirements of ENERGY STAR for Residential and Commercial use.
ENERGY STAR is a dynamic government/industry partnership that makes it easy for businesses and consumers to save money and protect the environment. It was introduced by the US Environmental Protection Agency in 1992 as a voluntary labeling program designed to identify and promote energy-efficient products, in order to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. ENERGY STAR means high quality and performance, particularly in the following areas:
- Color Quality
- 6 different requirements for color to ensure quality up front and over time
- Light Output
- Light output minimums to ensure you get enough light
- Light distribution requirements to ensure the light goes where you need it
- Guidelines for equivalency claims to take the guess-work out of replacement
- Peace of mind
- Verified compliance with more than 20 separate industry standards and procedures
- Long term testing to back up lifetime claims
- Testing to stress the products in operating environments similar to how you will use the product
- Energy Efficiency: Minimum of 70 Lumens per Watt (LM/W) measured outside the fixture.
- A typical CFL lamped wall sconce will provide 30.35 LM/W outside the fixture. ALVA’s groundbreaking performance allows customers to illuminate their spaces using significantly less energy than previously possible.
- ALVA’s ENERGY STAR qualified wall sconces include two dimming methods as standard features:
- LumenSelect™ four light levels (100%,75%,50%,25%) that you select via a dial at the top of the fixure when you install. Control wires are not required to utilize this dimming option.
- 0-10V dimming(requires control wires). Dimmable to 10%.
- Listing of Compatible Dimmers:
- Lutron DVTV® Diva 0-10V(LUTRON SKU: DVTV)(Refer to Lutron.com for a complete listing of 0-10V dimmers)
- Leviton Renoir® || 0-10V(Various models available,refer to Leviton.com for more information)
- List of Energy Star certified shade patterns for Betty and Bob:
- Island Breeze
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
If all consumers, businesses, and organizations in the United States made their product choices and building improvement decisions with ENERGY STAR over the next decade, the national annual energy bill would be reduced by about $200 billion. With that would come a sizable contribution to reducing air pollution and earth’s climate for future generations.